Follow-up: Vinyl reissues
- How to contact a major label for a reissue.
- If you need to be an S-Corp to get in touch with labels.
Viral Hoaxes -> Good vs Cheap Marketing
- Upon A Burning Body fake kidnapping ploy.
- Shone’s 2012 mystery campaign.
- The best and worst ways to…
Music industry veteran and Renman Music & Business founder, Steve Rennie (aka “Renman”), will return to the CreativeLive stage for the course, “Dream It, Do It: Breaking Into The Music Industry,” on Wednesday, July 2 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. PDT (12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. EDT). CreativeLive classes are always well produced and contain knowledge you don’t get anywhere else. Check out the course…
Follow-up: Amazon Prime
- Amazon Prime costs $99/year not $99/month (duh).
- Amazon launched the Fire Phone.
The legal necessities for starting your own label or band
- LLC or S-Corp.
- Taxes are scary, but don’t forget about them.
- Find a lawyer.
- Find an accountant.
I have covered the music business for the last 6 years and in that time I have done nearly a hundred interviews but none was more informative about the realities of how getting your video to spread works. For the last 15 years Andy Gesner at HIP Video Promo has been helping the smallest of DIY acts on up to huge acts like The Pixies, Paramore, Jet, The Lumineers and tons more get their music…
Hi-Art is a really cool service that allows musicians to sell fans emoji stickers of logos and other fun designs around their music.
The Evolution of Streaming
- Last.fm’s failed potential and streaming.
- The gold rush hasn’t happened yet.
- Pandora’s slow decline.
- Rdio: Recent Activity, Top Charts, New Releases Recommendations.
- Spotify: Top Lists, Discover, Browse.
- Spotify has 10 million paid US…
- Not Now: It’s Time For blink-182 To Go On An Indefinite Hiatus, Again
- Mark Hoppus: I’m blink-182 For Life
- Our recording set-up should be near-perfect in sound now!
When albums leak
- Seven albums leaked in one day.
- How labels and…
If you haven’t heard, last month I released a 2014 edition of Get More Fans: The DIY Guide To The New Music Business, which features 20 more pages and a bonus chapter on how you can incorporate the book into your life.
We have an offer for you - We will send you a free eBook copy of the 2014 edition of the book if you go to our Amazon page and give the book an honest review. Tell us the name you used for your review and we will send you the updated version of the book immediately. We really need more Amazon reviews to help the book spread to more people and could really use your help and are happy to reward you for your support. Simply message me on here or at email@example.com.
- If you want to be in the music industry, should you go to college?
- Should you go to college and get a music industry degree?
- Purgatory of college.
- Location versus reality.
- Tuition and debt.